This pizza is so good, and it is cheap too at $1.24 a serving. I got this recipe from Taste of Home! I love the red onions, they add a wonderful zing to the pizza!! I am in love!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons Pure Olive Oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Set aside and keep warm.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Lightly brush both sides of dough with oil; place on grill. Cover and grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. cubes. Spread the grilled side of each pizza with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; layer with chicken, onion, cheese and cilantro. Return to grill. Cover and cook each pizza for 4-5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 pieces each).