The french bread...I cooked my french bread for a few minutes too long...so yours won't be so dark.
My mom makes this great french bread. It is yummy...and is basically no fail. It is so yummy with Italian meals, stews, and soups!
1. Dissolve 2 pkg dry yeast in 1/2 c. warm water.
2. Allow to stand 10 min.
3. Combine in large bowl
2 c. hot water. 3 TB sugar
1 TB salt 5 TB oil
3 c. flour
4. Stir in dissolved yeast
5. Stir in mixing well 3 c. flour
6. Leaving spoon in batter, allow to rest 10 min.
7. Stir vigorously. Allow to rest 10 min. Repeat step no. 7 three more times
8. Turn dough onto floured board. Knead until lightly coated with flour. Divide dough in half.
9. Roll each half into a 9X13" rectangle. Starting at long edge, roll loosely as for jelly roll. Seal edges.
10. Place both rolls seam side down, on one large baking sheet.
11. Using a sharp knife slash top of each loaf diagonally 3 times.
12. Brush with 1 beaten egg white.
13. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
14. Allow to rise 30 min. Makes 2 loaves
15. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. until golden brown.
Cherry Limeade Pound Cake
3 hours ago