- Chicken - 2-3 lbs., boneless - breasts and/or thighs, fresh or frozen
- BBQ Sauce - 2 cups, make your own or prepared (save 1/2 cup for dipping if desired.)
- Onion - 1, diced or sliced (optional)
- Spray the slow cooker with oil.
- Add chicken, onions if using, and BBQ sauce and mix together.
- Cover and heat on low: 6-8 hours for fresh chicken; 7-9 hrs for frozen.
- When fully cooked, remove meat from pot and pull apart with 2 forks. Put back in the pot and re-heat as needed.
- Pile onto buns and serve.
The taste of the sauce in the chicken is not too strong, so I strongly recommend to save some sauce for dipping.