This cheesecake is so youmy and yummy. You could use this cake, in the Fall, or really anytime. Everyone will want more of this cheesecake!
Prep: 40 minutes Bake: 68 minutes Oven: 325 degrees
Cool: 1 ¾ hours Chill: 4 hours Makes: 12 slices
1-1/2 cups finely crushed Honey Teddy Grahams (or you could use graham crackers)
½ cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust: In a medium bowl, combine finely crushed graham crackers, 1/3 cup of the maple sugar, and the melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the side of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
2. For filling: In a large bowl, combine the remaining 2/3 cup maple sugar, the cream cheese, pumpkin, the 1/4 cup maple syrup, and the vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
3. Gently pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
4. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small thin knife, loosen crust from side of springform pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan; cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
5. To serve, spoon caramel ice cream topping over top of cheesecake. If desired, garnish with currants and/or fresh berries.
6. Makes 10 servings
7. **Note: Be sure to stir thoroughly to break up any clumps.
8. Bake-ahead tip: Prepare as directed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Or carefully transfer cheesecake to a plate or platter and place in a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw frozen cheesecake in the refrigerator for 24 hours. If desired, garnish as directed above.