This chocolate cake is SSSOOO good! I got it from the back of the Bakers chocolate box. The cake is from a box, and I don't think you could ever tell. It is just so moist, and the frosting is superb. I think I want to go get another piece of the cake, just talking about it.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 min. or until well blended. Stir in 2 squares of the chocolate, chopped. Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. on wire rack. Loosen cakes from side of pans with spatula or knife. Invert cakes onto rack; gently remove pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place remaining 6 squares chocolate and whipped topping in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. Stir until well blended and shiny. Cool 5 min. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread 1/4 of the chocolate mixture over cake. Place second cake layer on top; spread remaining chocolate mixture over top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds